Skyline has years of zipline ownership and operational experience so we know what is required to have a successful and profitable site. As a result, we have developed a solid formula for analyzing the potential success of future zipline operations.
Each site is unique with many factors to take into consideration, but the most important is that we honestly and objectively advise if the site is a good investment or not. A portion of our assessment focuses on logistics and profitability questions:
- Current visitation numbers at the site?
- Demographic of those visitors?
- Nearest urban market and other popular attractions?
- Prime season (annual or seasonal)?
- Other activities or services planned for site?
- Most unique geographical feature of site?
- Pre-existing physical structures to leverage (roof tops, towers, water slides)?
Ziplining has proven itself a winner amongst eco-adventure tourists in terms of quality, experience and value while operators continue to see profitable returns on investment.
If you believe your site has the characteristics required to attract adventure seekers, please contact us to see where this vision can take you.
No matter the size or scale of project, Skyline recognizes all sites are unique. We custom design each zipline to meet these objectives:
- Business plan goals, budget & profit margin targets
- Blend seamlessly into the natural habitat
- Capture geographical highlights like mountains, water features, views
- Exceed industry safety standards
- Give flyers an overwhelming experience of intense adrenaline
Prior to seeing the site, we prepare an informal proposal and schematic drawings through conversations, photos, surveys, topographical charts and Google Earth place marks.
Following this information gathering, a site visit is required to assess the land, its natural features, obstacles and current installations if any. The site visit confirms design layout showcasing features to ensure your zipline stands out from the rest. Once complete:
- Final course design decisions are made
- Zip corridors are determined & potential obstructions noted
- Build Budget is finalized
- Construction & Project Management Schedules are finalized
- Build Proposal is complete & acceptance officially starts the project
As a leader in the global zipline market, our engineering department has proved itself time and time again with unprecedented quality, reliability and value. We provide the most universal zipline solutions because we understand ziplines. We know that every zipline application is different and the engineering challenges change dramatically between launching off resort rooftops, cliffs, or traditional platforms.
Skyline engineers begin with a technical feasibility study before getting down to the serious nuts and bolts:
- Structural force analysis
- Rider velocities & kinetic forces
- Studies on crosswinds, tailwinds & headwinds
- Cable Specifications, tensions & safety margins
- Zipstop / Secondary braking & dampening calculations
- Recommended trolleys, catch blocks & harnesses
- Site specific operations & maintenance manuals
- Throughput analysis
Every Skyline zipline submits to Canadian Z98 Ropeway Standards, CSA & TSSA Standards providing the safest yet most thrilling, cost effective, longest lasting and profitable solutions currently found in the global zipline market.